Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Say WHAT?!?!?!?!

Juniata is late this morning. She has a physical therapy appointment so I am in our windowless interior office all by myself.  My phone rings and I see "Juniata" on the display screen.  I answer and she says "Hey, what have you heard about the tornado."  "Say WHAT?" I said.  "Yeah, the receptionist at my physical therapist's office said there's a tornado headed for Fulton Street downtown.  I'm trying to decide whether I want to come down there or just go home."  "OH.  HELL.  NO."  I said.  "I am NOT going down with this ship!!!  "This is NOT the place I want to spend my last moments."  I then said "Well, I haven't heard any sirens or anything.  I'll google it."  If anyone can tell me whether a tornado is headed my way it's google.  I then googled it and it said a tornado could be headed to everyone's way in Georgia today - until 4pm.  Swell.  You know, I had a tornado follow me to work one time in Asheville when I was teaching pre-school.  Fifteen minutes after I walked in the door at the school a parent came in complaining about the road being out and her having to take an alternative route.  I was like " but I just went down that road" and she was all like "well, now it's covered with downed trees."  Huh.  So, maybe the tornadoes aren't out to get me since they let me pass by once before.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.  I emailed Lawrence too - he has a window in his office and can see the outside world.  I know he's in midtown and not downtown, but he probably has a pretty clear view of the city and can give me some warning if I am about to be sucked out of my temporary tower.  Anyway, I wish you all luck - this weather is balls crazy and weirdness can hit at anytime.  Stay safe and keep your eyes open!!  And please, if you have a window, let me know if a twister is headed my way!!!

On a different note, I had a lovely pre-birthday weekend with Lawrence and Rick this past weekend at the cabin.  Lawrence made me yummy chocolate chip cookies with frosting and ice cream and fish tacos - two of my favorites!!!  We relaxed, checked out a new restaurant in Mentone and played Yahtzee!!  I had a blast! 

UPDATE:  I put out an all-call to my friends with windows in down/midtown to keep me posted on our impending doom.  They all agreed to keep me apprised of the sitch.  Jenny tells me the airport has been closed.  Oh lawd get me out of here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment