Monday, January 14, 2013

Up Up and Away!!!

Remember when I started this blog and it was partly about fitness (well, sort of).  Well, thanks to Lawrence, I actually did some fitness this weekend!!  Back a month or so ago I got a text from Lawrence that said "I got us a Groupon to do a beginners rock climbing class."  With frown firmly in place I responded "and by 'US' you mean????????  "You and me" - he said.  I couldn't even imagine why he would do such a thing.  I had half a mind to email back and say "Great!!  What a coincidence, I got us a Groupon for a beginners pole dancing class."  Actually, I still  might do that, so watch out Lawrence.  Anyway, I put off the inevitable climbing event until I was sure the Groupon had expired.   Knowing my friend like I do, I should have known that Lawrence would be the last person on earth to let a coupon to expire.   So Sunday I didn't have anywhere to run and we went rock climbing!!  I did a climbing wall about 20 years ago with Olivia and I remembered it kicking my ass so I was going in with very low expectations for myself.  But I was going to do it.  I wasn't backing out.  Given my hissyfit the night before, I think Lawrence was worried that I was going to back out.  I did WAY better than I thought I would do.  I completed 3 full walls and my arms didn't give out until almost the top of the 4th wall.  We had a great group of beginners sharing the experience with us. Everyone was very nice and supportive.  And even though I am sore as all get out, I enjoyed the experience and am glad I did it!!!  Don't know if I will do it again anytime soon. . . . . . . . but it was fun.  Here are a few pics.


Before the class (when I could still use my arm to take the photo)

So much confidence!!!  He can't wait to get inside.

Getting some cold feet!
 
Go Lawrence, Go!!!

Not a very flattering shot of the ole body, but hey - that's my body
and I climbed that damn wall so I am including the shot!!  Sometimes you just
have to embrace who you are.  It ain't always an easy thing to do.
Normally I would have just included the shot of Lawrence's skinny
arse climbing up the wall.
I am Gone With the Wind Fabulous baby (that won't
make sense to you unless you watch the Atlanta Housewives).



1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you didn't shart your harness :) Looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete