Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Parking Lot Mc-CAR-thyism . . . (emphasis on the "CAR")

I'm on the lamb.  I hope they don't find me.  I'm keeping my head low - my badge turned backwards so you can't see the "CONTRACTOR" written in bold letters across the top and I'm not making eye contact with anyone (did he just look at me? . .  I hope not).  I've turned my collar up around my face (metaphorically speaking).  I may even have to hide in someones attic or under the stairs or in the kitchen cupboard (so I'm closer to the food).

Several hours earlier . . . .

Jenny comes in to work today with a scowl on her face.  She had been dealing with the parking lot managers (reason enough to scowl, but there's more).  She was trying to get a monthly parking pass for the building parking lot so that she can stop paying the $17 per day "pay as you go" fee.  The manager tells her she can't get a parking pass for the building's inside lot or the outside lot (which is where I park) because they have stopped giving monthly parking passes to contractors.  She explains further that they have apparently rounded up all the contractors (and by rounded up - I mean knocked on their doors late at night with pitchforks and torches - no, not really - they just sent letters - but I bet they were thinking of pitchforks and torches when they wrote the letters) and informed them that they had until the end of February to find a different parking lot.  Word on the street is that they have oversold the parking lot and in order to accommodate all of the "permanent employees," they are kicking out the contractors (ouch).  I never received a letter.  No one has contacted me.  My parking card still works.  Jenny was of course perturbed that they wouldn't sell her a monthly pass and (wait for it) said "well, I have a contractor friend who is parking in the outside parking lot."  To which the parking lot manager replied (pitchfork and torch appearing in her head), "What's your friend's name."  OH HELL TO THE NO!!!!!  Jenny responded (smirk in place) "I'm not telling you that" and the parking lot manager (let's call her Evil Parking Lot Manager) just *laughs*.  Now, when I picture the *laugh* I picture cackling and the rubbing of hands together - as if to say - "I'll get you my pretty little contractor, I'll get you." 

So, I'm on the lamb.  The end of February has come and gone and I'm still parking in the outside parking lot (amongst the permanent employees and pay-as-you-goers).  I was billed for March - just like every other month.  I have not yet been discovered.  I am sure there are "permanent employees" out there without a monthly parking pass, just waiting for the chance to turn me in - to put my name on a list.

They will come looking for me . . . . . . . . . and I'll be ready for them........


Evil Parking Manager
with
corporate "permanent employees"


No comments:

Post a Comment