Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Friends are kisses blown to us by angels. . . .

The past two weeks have definitely been weeks of friendships.  This will be more of a personal blog and less of a humorous, silly blog.  And in an effort towards full disclosure - I had two red wines and one margarita (plus part of Benji's margarita - plus I licked his salt) prior to drafting this blog.

I am posting a few pictures of my visit with my BFF Stacey.  She has recently moved to Dallas - Fort Worth Texas with her youngest daughter Mya and they are finding their place in Texas.  It is always difficult moving to a new city - away from what you know - away from what makes you feel comfortable and safe.  Change is always hard.  You doubt yourself.  Feel guilty if it doesn't work out for those you are responsible for.  It's just generally scary.  But it can be O so fun and exciting if you open yourself to new possibilities.  I feel confident now that Stacey and Mya will be fine.  They are not only open to new possibilities, but they are already experiencing them with gusto!!  Fair play to Stacey and Mya.  I had a blast in Ft. Worth, even though it was 100+ degrees the whole time I was there.  I never thought I would wish for Atlanta temperatures!!!!

Also, my BFFs Darryl and Benji are abandoning (selfish word) me and moving to Chicago.  Darryl and Benji have been a part of my weekly routine for quite some time now and their absence will be felt on a profound level.  I love them like family and will miss them so much when they go (which will be tomorrow - que the sobbing).  I know they will be only a quick visit away, but it's not the same.  I like having them here with me and selfishly I want them to stay.  I know they can't.  They have a chance for a new adventure, and even though it will make me sad (for a while), I want that for them.  Crying now, just so you know.  As I have already told them - they are one of the most amazing couples I know and it has been so amazing watching their relationship evolve.  They will have so much fun in Chicago and I can't wait to visit them.  They can't get rid of me this easily!


FIRST THE DALLAS PICS AND THEN THE DARRYL AND BENJI ABANDONING ME PICS:

Amy and Stacey (in 100 degree weather)
"Texas Jim" at cattle drive - Ft. Worth


I did not buy any boots

longhorn cattle - stock yards, Ft. Worth


Stock Yards, Ft. Worth

This is how you eat sushi in Texas.
Don't mess with us.



Me, Stacey and Mya



For Darryl and Benji's going away we did a painting
class at "Sips and Strokes" - we didn't name
the joint give us a break, but we had fun!!!
More Sips and Strokes
(to further explain the "sips" was the BYOB aspect
and the "strokes" was the painting aspect - OBVIOUSLY!!


Final hooters
I sent Darryl and Benji to Chicago with angels
of their own to watch over them!!!



I threatened to go live in the bamboo patch on North Ave.
when Darryl and Benji move to Chicago-
cause' that's where you go when you are depressed and missing
your friends.  In this picture I was
practicing my sad bamboo existence.  Look for me there..



2 comments:

  1. @Deborah - Thanks!! Booohooooooooo. I can be a bit dramatic - on occasion.

    ReplyDelete