Sunday, September 30, 2012

My Horoscope and My New Favorite Movie

I MEANT TO POST THIS BIT YESTERDAY - SO IT'S A DAY LATE.

I'm gonna start off by sharing my horoscope for today (aka BEST HOROSCOPE EVER):

You stand out from the crowd, don't you? Being unique is kind of your thing. And today, you'll get to show off just how different you are. In fact, think of yourself as the star of your own novel, as your imagination comes vividly to life. Everything you do could turn out to be a big, lusty adventure! Put your usual responsibilities on the back burner, if at all possible, because the current energy calls for being spontaneous.

This horoscope is eerily on target with my whole "live a better story" goal ("star of my own novel"!!!  GET OUT!!) and I am so looking forward to my "lusty adventure" however the only thing I have planned for today is to go see Hotel Transylvania with my gay friend Don.  That, to me, doesn't look like a recipe for a lusty adventure, but I guess it's all in the translation!!

NOW FOR TODAY'S TIDBIT:

Just watched The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel with Judi Dench, Maggie Smith and other amazing British actors.  Right now it is my favorite movie of 2012.  I had to rewind it and pause it to get last bit of dialogue to share with you:

"The person who risks nothing - does nothing, has nothing.  All we know about the future, is that it will be different.  Perhaps what we fear is that it will be the same.  So we must celebrate the changes.  Because as someone once said, ‘everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, then trust me, it’s not yet the end.’"
The movie (in my eyes - and let me know if you disagree) is about fear and change, endings and new beginnings.  There is something in it for everyone to identify with.  And it's wonderful.  I do so love Judi Dench and Maggie Smith.  You will LOVE it.  Be prepared to cry and laugh and rewind.  It was exactly what I needed for the end of a great weekend.  Hope you had a great one too!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Go be the heroine of your novel!! In the meantime, thanks for the movie recommendation - I love me some Dame Judi too.

    ReplyDelete