Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Our Painting Weekend Kicked off on a "Phallic Note"

This past weekend was designated "painting weekend."  No, don't be alarmed.  It wasn't an officially designated weekend or holiday.  YOU weren't required to paint.  Only my family was required to participate.  Mom and Lisa came into town to help paint in anticipation of my Tapestri fundraiser and silent art auction coming up on September 20th.  My condo looked like a Michael's massacre for the majority of the weekend and Earl the Cat insinuated himself into the mix in every obnoxious way possible, but we had a blast and got some great art projects finished (some pictured below).

The weekend kicked off Friday night with a visit to HD1 - a Haute Doggery around the corner.  Yes, that's fancy talk for hot dog joint.  Anyway, it's the only place in town (that I know of) that offers a veggie hot dog.  Other than being out of half of what we asked for, the food was pretty good and I will definitely go back for a veggie dog and waffle fries.  After knocking back our haute dogs we headed off to Atlanta's premiere adult fantasy store - Inserection.  Yes, you heard correctly, we drug mom to the vibrator store.  It seemed like a natural progression to the evening.  To be honest, Lisa's friend from Asheville asked her to go to the vibrator store in Atlanta to get her a vibrator.  Either the selection in Asheville is substandard or the gal was embarrassed to buy her own vibrator - I never got to the bottom of (pardon the pun) the real reason for the requested vibrator run.  While picking out a vibrator is quite a personal matter and I don't recommend you send someone else to do that for you, we took our task seriously and went only slightly over budget with our final choice.  Mom took the adventure in stride and I even caught her lingering in the 50 Shades of Grey section.  Who knows, she might be back!!!

Anywho, the weekend was loads of fun and it was nice to have family in town so that I didn't have to wallow alone in the bamboo patch.  Darryl and Benji arrived safely in Chicago.  I have posted a couple of pics below of their departure.

Haute Doggery (Phallic phase 1)

Inserection - Vibrator Store (Phallic phase 2)
And if you don't have a picture with your mother
in front of the wall of black dildos you're the poorer for it.
Notice Lisa and I are the only ones with smiles on our faces.
No picture of a paint explosion would be complete without Earl the Cat

 
Lisa's Georgia peach blossom pottery

Mom's miniature Christmas paintings
My angel painting

The official "loading of the truck" - and just to clarify - this is
a picture of Darryl and Benji's moving day and not the loading
of the vibrators we bought at Inserection.  I mean really.

Cutie pie one (who has abandoned me) and cutie pie two (who has also abandoned me)
 
The bon voyage photo.


2 comments:

  1. hahahahahahahah, oh my, this is the best start to a Wednesday I could hope for. AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete