Friday, February 24, 2012

If I'm Not Prepared When the Zombies Come - It's Your Fault!!!!

So, I have the Scoutmob app on my iPhone- and for those of you who live under a rock - Scoutmob sends you good deals for events, restaurants, stores, massages, whatever, in your local area. Unlike Lawrence, I am not a total coupon slut, but I have found a couple of good deals here and there. What I do know, is that there are a limited number of coupons so if it looks like the coupon is going to be really popular you have to act fast before they are all gone.  Yesterday, like every other day, I got my Scoutmob email and the most horrifically amazing coupon was being offered.   I have pasted a copy of the text here:


 at Quickshot

If The Walking Dead zombies actually hit the streets of Atlanta hungry for brains, one better know how to rekill 'em. Or at least know how to shoot the paper version. Practice at Quickshot and unleash on the undead. ATL’s only ITP shooting range also offers some of the best cookies in town baked by the owners' mom. Perfect. The only thing we like more than zombie-huntin' is cookie-eatin' WHILE zombie-huntin'.

OBVIOUSLY this coupon was going to sell out immediately (cause who wouldn't want to prepare for the impending zombie war sure to hit Atlanta).  Because there are no flies on me (maybe some asshole gnats and ladybug imposters, but no flies) I sent out an urgent email alert to a few of my friends letting them know that for the low low price of $39 each we could get our zombie training and then refuel after a long hard training by eating home baked cookies.  It's sort of like giving blood and then they give you juice and cookies - it's just that important  At least I thought it was.  Mel has still not responded to the urgent alert (which is surprising because she typically takes her supernatural threats very seriously).  Perhaps the zombies have already reached her and it's simply too late.  Lawrence responded: "Me and guns? No Thx."  Darryl responded: "I think we'll skip this adventure."  Olivia and Diane were all for shooting zombies, but it didn't fit into their busy busy schedules.  I mean for reals people?  We are talking about shooting zombies with MACHINE GUNS and eating COOKIES!!  It seems like a no brainer - especially if those zombies get ahold of our brains!!!!  Is it just me?  Do I have so much supernatural in my life that preparing for a zombie invasion seems like a "must do."  I don't know.  Alls I know is that if zombies invade and take over the streets of Atlanta and I am not properly trained to gank them, I'm blaming all of you.  Now, if I didn't send you an email asking you to accompany me on a zombie shooting extravaganza (cause I'll admit, I did get a bit discouraged by the blase attitudes of the rest of yous that I gave up) and you would be interested in going for a low low price of $39 each, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.  It might still be available (but I doubt it, because I'm sure everyone else took their zombie training more seriously than my crew).  Why don't I just go alone - you ask?  I will do a lot of things by myself, but show up at the shooting range to be fitted for a machine gun ain't one of them.  I think that's one of those things that requires witnesses.

2 comments:

  1. Actually that sounds like a good time all around. I'd love to join you, but I just got my zombie preparedness certification re-upped and now I'm working on my anti-vampire techniques. They are much rarer than zombies, but I do get to practice on tween Twi-hards pretty often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Deborah. I hear you - and I understand your dogs are trained to sniff out zombies as well as other supernatural uglies. It's so good to know that you take your certifications seriously! When the invasion begins, I'm coming to your house. Also, make sure you aren't certified to gank 40 and over Twi-hards - We are much harder to kill. Plus we often come back as bitter revenge-haunting ghosts - and that's a whole different ballgame.

    ReplyDelete