Monday, February 27, 2012

Two Sunday Walkabouts

Someone suggested once that I change the name of my blog - that I really don't talk that much about fitness - that it's really just about me and whatever is going on in my life at any given moment.  Well, yeah that's true.  But I never anticipated that this blog would be all about fitness, which is why I added the "well, sort of" disclaimer after the title.  With all the recent changes in my life (and hopefully more to come) I knew there would be a lot on my mind worth blogging about.  As you know, it was my initial hope that the new blog would encourage me to be more active - both in the fitness realm and in the social realm.  While I may not be motivated to compete in triathlons or run marathons or even keep up with anything close to a consistent exercise regime (yet - and the "yet" only applies to the exercise regime - because I am not interested in running marathons or competing in triathlons), I do think having the blog has helped motivate me to be more active and to accept invitations where I might have otherwise declined.  So, the blog title stays!  And if you realize that I haven't written about fitness in a good long while, you are welcome (and expected) to heckle me, which might encourage me to roll my arse off the couch and do something!  Amy might not do fitness all the time - but damnit she does it sometimes.  With that being said, I wanted to post a couple of pictures of my recent Sunday walkabouts with friends.  I am calling them "hikes" actually (you might not consider them hikes, but they were in the woods, so as far as I'm concerned, that's a hike).  Sunday before last I drove out to Roswell and Mel and I walked a very beautiful 5k trail in the area and this Sunday my good friend Mark Carter and I walked to the top of Kennesaw Mountain.  It was only one mile up and one mile back down, but it was straight up.  I was huffing and puffing like the big bad wolf!!  This weekend I am going up to Knotty Pines Cabin so I hope to take a few walkabouts while I am there - check in with my favorite dog pack! 

Me getting ready to hit the trail

Mel in front of some lovely scenery

Mark Carter - Top of Kennesaw Mountain

Me - Top of Kennesaw Mountain
 
Me and Mark - Top of the Mountain!


2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Kennesaw is a tough walk up, you get hiking creds for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to plan our next hike!!!! With the dogs of course!! I am at the cabin this weekend, but after that - I'm game for a walk if you are!! We can start planning our ya-ya sisterhood camping weekend too!!! I'll pack the wine.

    ReplyDelete