Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Vision Board

Last night in class we worked on our vision boards.  We were instructed to cut out pictures and phrases from magazines and/or on line that best represent one vision - one thing (or state of being) we strive to attain in the future.  While I have many visions in mind that I hope to one day achieve (i.e. weight loss, relationship, hair-free chin - whatever) - I used this particular vision board to focus on the folk art gallery / cafe I hope to open up one day soon in the North Georgia "mountains." Accordingly, my vision board is covered with images of art and coffee and baked goods and other artsy things.  It also includes phrases having to do with art and creativity and such, as well as a cute little chalkboard sign saying "We Are Open."  I also added a smattering of Mom's artwork here and there on the board and a picture of her in the upper right-hand corner since I hope to "exploit" - I mean make use of - her talents as much as possible.  Although it sounds kind of silly, I love doing things like this because it's artsy and I love all things artsy. Plus I am more of a right-brained kind of thinker and this board really was a great exercise in helping me envision it all - plus it's pretty!!!  I also included a picture of myself in the middle standing behind the counter of The Coffee Shop in Union Hall, Ireland.  She said to include a photo of ourselves in the proper setting.  I didn't have a photo of myself running a business so I used the photo of myself pretending to run a business.  I also squished the photo in a bit so I looked super skinny!!  Hey, it's my vision!!  I can do what I want.  I also included (and you'll have to look closely towards the bottom left-hand corner) a picture of a little business card that says "Expect a Miracle."  Mom gave me this card (I think) before I left for law school and I have had it in my wallet ever since. 

Anyway, I just wanted to share my vision board with y'all.  It is posted sideways below so you will have to turn your head a bit.

Oh, I also wrote a children's book (two actually) about ten years ago when I was teaching preschool and I am going to start looking into getting it published over the next few.  Mom (of course) is going to be the illustrator!  It is going to be fabulous and we are going to make millions!!!  Mark my words!!  Maybe I will share it with you at some point. 

2 comments:

  1. Ah, now you get to start working on "that other notebook!" You know, the one with the information you need to tackle to make the Vision Board reality :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, YES!!! It is the perfect cover for my other notebooks (plural - the fun one with pictures and the businessy one with all my important business info). I am going to start working on those notebooks right away!

    ReplyDelete